Lung RNA Fusion Panel (Lung Cancer)
Lung NGS Fusion Profile, Lung cancer rearrangement testing
Patients whose tumours do not have mutations in commonly associated lung cancer genes like EGFR or KRAS may have another abnormality called gene fusion. A gene fusion is a new gene created by combining two previously separate genes. The result is a mutant gene which changes the way the two independent genes would function normally. Causes of such fusion events is usually attributed to translocations, interstitial deletions, or chromosomal inversions. Most common example of this abnormality is fusion of ALK gene to other genes, most commonly EML4 forming ALK-EML4 fusion, a common abnormality detected in NSCLC patients. Because many gene fusion mutations are well-studied and are a leading cause of cancer, accurate detection is critical for both research and clinical applications.
Our test panel (Lung NGS Fusion Panel (Complete or Limited)) targets over 70 known fusion transcripts for the ALK, RET, ROS1, and NTRK genes, with additional targets in ALK gene to facilitate detection of any novel mutation in this gene. The test is extremely sensitive and compliant with low-quality RNA obtained from samples like FFPE, as well as other sample forms like fresh/frozen tissue or cell lines which makes it highly advantageous over existing technologies FISH or array CGH.
Who needs to be tested?
Lung cancer patients upon recommendation of their Oncologist. The test results help oncologists define a personalized treatment strategy. The identification of specific genetic alterations suggest potential treatments with drugs that are most likely to benefit patients.
What are the advantage of this Panel?
- Our RNA Fusion genetic cancer test can assist in predicting prognosis and identifying targeted therapies for the management of lung cancer.
- Because certain chemotherapy drugs are either more or less effective than others against tumors with specific mutations, this test, can help determine which therapy is best suited for your case. For example, if you have EML4-ALK–positive lung cancer, you may benefit from ALK inhibitor drugs like Crizotinib, Ceritinib, and Alectinib.
- The results can also help your doctor in determining whether you undergo targeted therapy alone or in combination with other treatments and help in predicting the chances that your cancer will return after surgery.
Why Bioserve - REPROCELL India?
- Clinically relevant target genes interrogated
- For the Lung Cancer Panel- these include- EGFR, ALK, ROS, MET, KRAS Etc.
- Interpretations and links to drug efficacy provided.
- Recommendations for targeted therapies/possible resistance mechanisms, and the prognosis and current clinical trials.
- High precision reporting with accuracy by ensuring all the quality requirements.
- Quicker Turnaround time, Competitive pricing
- The test has been validated in house and offers coverage range of 500-1000X.
Specimen Storage & Transport Requirements
- Use cold pack for transport. Make sure cold pack is not in direct contact with specimen.
Our Other Panels!
We offer several cancer panels depending upon the needs of the Oncologists, these include..